The Bissell CleanView is a powerful upright vacuum that offers great results at an unbeatable price point. The CleanView uses Bissell’s OnePass technology, a combination of a unique and adjustable brush system with powerful cyclonic suction, to pick up dirt, dust, and pet hair from every type of floor surface.
The Bissell has a wide footprint, so it takes fewer passes to complete even a big carpet. If you’re tired of going over the same spot over and over while trying to pick up visible dirt, you’ll like the CleanView’s thorough cleaning that’s accomplished in just one pass, saving you time and effort.
BISSELL CleanView Upright Vacuum Cleaner Model 9595A
- Upright corded bagless vacuum
- 13.5-inch wide base
- 25-foot power cord
- Weighs 15.1 pounds
- Draws 12 amps at 120 volts
- Sipping weight 19.6 pounds
- 14.6 x 10.8 x 31.5 inches
- Washable foam filter
- HEPA secondary filtration system
- Comes with brush tool
- 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
The Bissell CleanView doesn’t require disposable bags. It collects all the dirt and dust in a clear plastic bin on the front of the machine that makes it easy to see when it’s time to empty it. The unit offers a dust bin that opens on the bottom, so you can hold it over a waste bin, press a button, and the dirt and debris will drop into the trash. It’s easy and makes less of a mess than changing disposable bags, or turning the dustbin upside-down to empty it.
When considering the purchase prices of various models when shopping for a vacuum, it’s important to remember that disposable bags and filter are an ongoing expense for the life of the vacuum. Vacuums like the Bissell CleanView are very competitively priced, but they also save hundreds of dollars in maintenance costs with their bagless dust containers and washable filters.
The Bissell CleanView has a variable setting for any type of flooring. This setting places the spinning beater brush higher or lower above the carpet or other flooring surface in order to get the best results. The Bissell conveniently allows you to adjust this setting on the fly while the unit is running, another timesaver.
Instead of the typical wand and brush that other brands offer for cleaning upholstery and other non-floor surfaces, the Bissell comes with a TurboBrush attachment. This tool is like a miniature version of the roller brush and suction arrangement on the bottom of the vacuum, and it can get your cushions cleaner than suction alone.
- Powerful suction and innovative brush design picks up more dirt, dust, and debris than comparably priced models
- Inexpensive for such a capable vacuum
- Extra-long power cord lets you cover larger areas of flooring without stopping to use another outlet
- Only moderately noisy
- Does an excellent job picking up animal hair and dander
- Adjustable height lets the user choose the correct setting for any flooring, from tile to shag carpeting, while the unit is running
- Two-stage filtering with HEPA filter returns less dust and fewer allergens back to your room air
- Bagless cyclonic dust collections saves you extra money over the life of the unit
- Vacuum lays almost flat to allow you to vacuum under coffee tables and some sofas without using attachments
- Requires only simple assembly
- Hose is too short to vacuum stair comfortably
- Cord doesn’t rewind, so you’ll have to take a little time to wind it up when before you put it away
- Louder when used over bare floors
- Cord can get underfoot or tangled because it doesn’t retract
The Bissell CleanView upright vacuum is very inexpensive for all the features and benefits it offers, and it’s a perennial best seller. It’s very highly rated by consumer magazines as well as by purchasers, with an remarkable 90 percent of users giving it four stars or better, with almost 70 percent giving it a full five stars.
Many users reported that they had been using very small and light canister vacuums to clean every surface in their homes, and were amazed at how much additional dirt the CleanView was able to remove from their carpets, even carpets that looked clean before they tried out the Bissell.
Some users reported that the non-retractable cord could become a bother from time to time, but appreciated how long it was. Other users that were accustomed to bagged units like how easy it was to see when the vacuum needed to be emptied. These reviewers mentioned that the only way to tell if their old vacuum bags needed to be emptied was when they noticed a significant loss of performance. With the Bissell, they are always able to empty the bin before it begins to affect the vacuum’s performance.
Because of the Bissell CleanView upright vacuum’s low price and great reviews, it’s considered a best buy.