One of the most popular bread makers in the Cuisinart catalogue, the CBK-100 can bake a wide range of breads without requiring excessive user input. Many of the settings on the device are designed to be set and forget, so you don’t have to worry about proofing the bread yourself. Simply add the ingredients and choose from one of the 12 baking options, and the Cuisinart CBK-100 will take care of it from there. This kitchen appliance device will mix the ingredients, knead the dough, proof it, and bake the dough for an optimal amount of time.
The device comes with several extra options for loaf size and crust consistency, so you can customize each loaf of bread you make to suit your palate. The CBK-100 can also be set on a 13-hour delay cycle, so you can have the bread baking while you’re out of the house, and by the time you get home you’ll have a fresh loaf of bread waiting for you.
Cuisinart CBK-100 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker Machine
Click for the Price here!
- The Cuisinart CBK-100 is a consumer quality automatic bread maker
- Measures 18 x 12.5 x 15 inches
- Weighs 18 pounds
- Shipping weight: 19 pounds
- 12 preprogrammed baking options including: basic and white bread, French and Italian bread, whole-wheat bread, sweet bread, gluten-free bread, packaged mixes, cake and quick-bake, dough, pasta dough, jams, bake-only, and rapid bake
- Three crust settings
- 13-hour delay timer
- Bakes one pound, one-and-a-half pound, and two pound loaves
- Stay-cool handles
- Comes with a measuring spoon, a measuring cup, and recipes
- Three-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
The Cuisinart CBK-100 can bake a many different types of bread, but each process requires different settings and proofing times, so it’s recommended that you consult the manual before baking certain types of bread. For instance, the sweet bread setting has a particularly fast proofing time because the dough is very high in sugar, fat, and protein. This can alter the amount of times it takes to bake each loaf of bread significantly.
The CBK-100 can also be used to bake cakes, pasta dough, and jams. Sometimes called batter bread, cake uses a slightly different baking cycle than the regular bread to achieve its light and fluffy texture. When baked in the CBK-100 the cake will come out in more of a muffin shape due to the bread maker’s shape. Other mix-ins must also be added at the very beginning of the cycle along with the other ingredients to keep the cake moist and soft.
- The device is excellent for gluten-free baking, and the bread maker comes with a specific setting for gluten-free bread. In this mode, the baker must be careful not to over-mix or over-knead the dough so it can reach a good consistency without becoming runny
- The LCD display screen shows the loaf size and the crust color selection along with your current function. The screen can also be used to conveniently browse menus, and select the delay-start timer
- The delay-start timer allows the user to set a time for the bread to start baking so the bread will be ready to eat at a certain time of the day
- The Cuisinart CBK-100 can be set to three loaf sizes, depending on the user’s preference
- The device can give the bread restaurant-quality crust, color, and texture
- The Cuisinart comes with two, large stay-cool handles that you can use to move the device around the kitchen without worrying about burning your hands on a hot surface
- The device comes with power-failure backup, so the bread maker will automatically resume where it left off when the power comes back on
- The internal lid, pan, and paddle can all be removed from the device. This makes cleanup and maintenance much easier because you won’t have to wash around all the internal components
- The bread maker includes an external viewing window, so you can easily monitor the bread as it’s baked, kneaded, and proofed
- Some users have commented that the first time they used the device it left grease and paint in the dough
- The non-stick bread pan is made out of a much thinner material than other parts of the bread maker, so it tends to wear out faster than the internal mechanisms. Some users order a spare bread pan in case theirs becomes worn out
Click here for the Price!
One of the most popular devices currently produced by Cuisinart, the CBK-100 combines the power of a conventional baking oven with the specialized baking features of a professional bread machine. The device can be used for a wide range of applications beyond bread making, including making dough, cake, and pasta dough, which makes it one of the most versatile bread makers currently available (find recipes here). The Cuisinart CBK-100 is an excellent option for anyone who’s looking for a powerful and reliable bread maker at a reasonable price.