Juicers have graduated from an unusual gadget that only a few people kept in a little-used cupboard, to an everyday fixture in the majority of kitchens. The benefits of consuming fresh, healthy servings of fruits and vegetables are now universally well understood, and the ease with which juicers like the Cuisinart CJE-1000 deliver the nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fiber in a tasty juice form has made morning juicing sessions into a way of life for millions of families.
The Cuisinart CJE-1000 juice extractor is an affordable and well-built centrifugal juicer, ready for years of daily use. Centrifugal juicers use a spinning blade and a filter to deliver smooth juice drinks from raw fruits and vegetables with the touch of a button. While masticating juicers, also called slow juicers, can produce the most juice from your raw materials, juicers like the Cuisinart CJE-1000 are very powerful and deliver great juices at a modest price point.
Cuisinart CJE-1000 1000-Watt 5-Speed Juice Extractor
- Centrifugal juice extractor
- 1000-watt motor
- 5 speed settings
- Circular 5-inch feed chute
- Stainless steel motor housing
- 1-liter juice pitcher
- 2-liter pulp container
- Cleaning brush included
- Dishwasher safe removable parts
- Comes with recipe booklet
- Weighs 14 pounds
- 15.4 x 11.8 x 19 inches
- Shipping weight 15 pounds
- Limited 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
The Cuisinart CJE-1000 1000-Watt 5-Speed Juice Extractor is built to be a long-term fixture on your kitchen counter. It has a stainless steel motor housing which looks great in any kitchen, and it’s built to last. Unlike many comparable centrifugal juicers, the Cuisinart has five speeds to choose from, so you can adjust the powerful motor to the correct speed for the type of fruit or vegetables you’re juicing. The big 1000-watt motor can handle even the toughest vegetables like carrots, radishes, beets, and other hard to juice ingredients (tips). The CJE-1000 also has a big, 3-inch circular feed chute that lets the user put in many ingredients without time-consuming pre-cutting.
The Cuisinart CJE-1000 is very quiet for a centrifugal juicer. Centrifugal juicers, especially powerful models, have a tendency to be the loudest countertop appliances in any kitchen, but the Cuisinart’s construction makes it one of the quietest you can buy. If you like to start the day with a quick, nutritious juice drink, but you’ve been reluctant to purchase a juicer because you’re afraid of waking others when you operate a juicer in the kitchen, the Cuisinart offers the quiet performance normally associated with much more expensive masticating juicers. The Cuisinart also has dishwasher-safe parts, making it easier to clean up after a juicing session, and making it more likely that you’ll want to use the appliance every day.
- Easy to take apart, reassemble, and clean
- Variable speeds make it easy to handle hard or soft vegetables or fruits
- Large pulp bin
- Big feed chute saves time on cutting ingredients into smaller pieces before juicing
- Quiet operation lets you prepare juice without disturbing others, keeps kitchen noise to a minimum
- Filter disk keeps foaming under control, making cleanup easier while yielding extra juice
- Anti-drip outlet spout is located high enough on the machine to allow many different sized receptacles to be filled with juice, in addition to supplied 1-liter plastic pitcher
- Feed chute is located in the center of the unit, making it more compact
- Stainless steel housing is easy to clean and looks good on any kitchen counter
- Unit is disabled until locking lever is engaged, making it safer and less likely to make a mess inadvertently
- Leaves more juice in the pulp than a comparable masticating juicer
- Unable to juice wheat grass
Almost 80 percent of the reviewers of the Cuisinart CJE-1000 5-speed juice extractor give the unit four or more stars. Users like the solid feel and quiet but powerful performance of the unit, and say it makes short work of almost any ingredient they want to put in it. Many users mention the locking mechanism on the juicing receptacle, and like the way the unit won’t operate until you have it locked down properly, which saves messes. Users note the ability of the unit to handle big pieces of fruits and vegetables, including many completely whole ingredients. Juicers get a great deal of use in situations where time is of the essence, like before heading off to work or school, or when you’re preparing ingredients for meals. This kitchen appliance saves time by eliminating a great deal of food preparation, and the big motor can handle even big pieces of very hard ingredients.
Many users say they like juicers to have very simple operation, but like the ability to dial the CJE-1000 to one of five speeds so that they can bring the proper amount of power to the job at hand. Some users report that with other juicers that have only one speed, soft ingredients get immediately blasted at full power, which sends a lot of useful juice into the waste bin, or even back up the fill chute, which can make a real mess; but the Cuisinart’s five speeds let them use no more power then they need, and that also keeps noise to a minimum during use. The Cuisinart CJE-1000 is highly recommended.