Produced by one of the most popular small appliance companies in North America, the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central has quickly become the industry standard for coffeemakers. The device comes with all the amenities of a modern coffeemaker, without sacrificing any style or functionality. The Brew Central has a cool, retro look that will stand out without looking outdated when placed next to modern appliances. The device has a brushed-metal exterior and a vintage control panel that comes packed with new features and modern options. The Cuisinart Brew Central comes with a wide array of advanced features such as a 24-hour brew timer, an automatic shutoff system, a self-cleaning function, and audible alerts for when your coffee has finished brewing.
- The Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central is a coffeemaker
- Measures 7.8 x 9 x 14 inches
- Weighs 8.4 pounds
- Stainless steel exterior
- Coffeepot can hold 12 cups of coffee
- Automatic shut-off
- Cup warming plate
- Cuisinart patented pause and serve function
- Internal cord storage
- Charcoal water filter
- Number four paper coffee starter kit
- 24-hour brew programming
- Gold-tone coffee filter
- Measuring scoop
- Instruction booklet
- Three-year manufacturer’s warranty for parts and labor
Features and Benefits
Many coffee enthusiasts agree that there are three basic parts to any cup of coffee: the water, the coffee, and the grind. The Cuisinart Brew Central comes with the optimal settings for each part of the brewing cycle, so it can consistently deliver a great cup of coffee. Studies have shown that coffee is 98 percent water, so the taste of a cup of coffee relies heavily on the mineral content of the water. There are many ways to gauge if the water from your tap is good for making coffee, but the simplest way is to taste the water before you put it in the coffeemaker. If the water doesn’t taste good coming from the tap, then it won’t taste good in your coffee. The coffeemaker comes with a charcoal water filter that can remove chlorine and unwanted minerals from the water reservoir, so you can have a great tasting cup of coffee regardless of where the water comes from. Now that the water has been filtered, the flavor of the coffee will become much more prominent.
The Cuisinart DCC-1200 can brew any type of coffee with ease. The device seals in the essence of the grinds, and it extracts the maximum amount of flavor without making the coffee too bitter. This helps give the coffee a much more natural flavor, so you’re tasting less of the machine and the water, and more of the bean itself.
The consistency of the grind is a very important part of the overall quality of the brew. In other machines, if the grind is too fine the coffeemaker will over-extract and cause the flavors to dissipate and become too bitter. In the Cuisinart Brew Central, water is distributed evenly over the coffee using Cuisinart’s patented showerhead technology, which allows the user to use fine grounds without the risk of over-extraction.
- The carafe is easy to pour and comes with Cuisinart’s no-drip coffeepot technology. The carafe is also equipped with an ergonomic handle, which makes pouring coffee much easier on the user’s wrist
- The brew pause feature allows the user to remove the carafe and pour a cup of coffee before the device has finished brewing
- The reservoir cover flips back which makes filling the coffeemaker with water much easier
- The internal showerhead distributes water evenly over the coffee, which reduces the temperature loss as the water passes through the grounds. This helps keep your coffee hot and flavorful
- The LCD digital clock can be used to set the device’s automatic functions as well as display the time
- The device comes with a clean setting, which tells the user when it’s time to clean the coffeemaker
- The Cuisinart Brew Central coffeemaker comes with a self-clean setting that removes built-up calcification from the water reservoir, and it helps extend the overall life of your coffeemaker
- The device plays a ready-tone that signals the end of a brewing cycle, so you know exactly when the coffee is ready to be poured
- The Cuisinart doesn’t make coffee as hot as competing devices, but the lower temperature helps give the coffee a unique flavor
- The carafe lid can be removed from the coffeepot, so the user has to be careful when pouring coffee, or the top might come loose
Coffee enthusiasts agree, that the Cuisinart DCC-1200 is one of the best coffee makers currently available in this price range. The Cuisinart’s advanced features, ease-of-use, and retro design have made it a hit with reviewers everywhere. The coffeemaker receives a rating of four stars or higher in over 3,100 reviews, which makes this small kitchen appliance one of the top-rated coffeemakers on the market. Packed with every modern amenity a coffee-lover could want, the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Center is an excellent option.