One of the most popular multi-function food processors currently on the market, the DeLonghi Food Processor and Integrated Blender is an excellent device that will find a use in any modern kitchen. The DeLonghi offers two appliances in one compact, space-saving package that comes with all the power you’d expect to find in a consumer food processor. Now you can quickly and easily make fresh sauces and soups, knead dough, and chop herbs using a single versatile device.
The food processor also includes a 40-ounce blender carafe, so you can have the capacity of a standalone blender without sacrificing any of the functions of your food processor. The device can prep, process, and blend tough ingredients, so you don’t have to settle for less with either of the devices. Another interesting addition is that you don’t need to adjust the settings when you switch from one function to another. Simply change the receptacle and the system will automatically detect which device you’re using and change the speed settings. From there you can customize the blades to suit the food you’re processing or blending.
DeLonghi 9-Cup Capacity Food Processor with Integrated Blender
Click for the Price here!
- The DeLonghi is a food processor and blender
- Measures 9.2 x 14 x 12.5
- Weighs 11 pounds
- Stainless steel exterior
- Capacity: 9 cups
- Runs on 400 – 600 watts
- Settings: two speeds, pulse, and pause
- Materials: Metal, plastic, and electrical components
- Attachments: serrated stainless steel chopping blade, dough tool, stainless steel thick slice, stainless steel shred disc, stainless steel slice disc, stainless steel shred disc
- Patented dual drive system
- Attached 40-ounce blender
- Interlocking safety system
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
The processor includes several stainless steel shredding discs that can be changed out depending on what’s being processed. One disc is designed for thick cuts, and the other is designed for thin slices. They’re both sturdily made and very sharp, so be careful when changing blades or operating the device. The plate that connects the blades to the food processor is made from durable plastic, and it will last for quite a while if properly taken care of. Many users have noted that the blades are excellent for shredding cheese, slicing cucumbers, and dicing zucchini, along with a host of other applications. The device can even be used to chop ice if you’re making a smoothie or other cold beverage.
The device comes with an integrated scale that allows for measuring ingredients directly into the bowl on the removable weighing tray. The processor also comes with a powerful motor that allows for precise speed controls, a low noise level, and offers much higher long-term durability. Devices that have underpowered motors won’t last as long because the internal blades and attachments will have much more difficulty cutting through everyday ingredients. This increases that chance that internal parts will break or become loose because of the constant force being applied to the blades. If the internal motor is powerful, the blades will slice with ease, and a lot less damaging force will be applied to the internal parts.
- The device does a good job chopping onions, grinding parmesan cheese, slicing pepperoni, and kneading dough
- The system comes with an integrated scale, so you can measure out exact portions of ingredients without having to use any extra tools
- The motor is powerful enough to chop through meat and knead bread dough
- The patented dual-drive system allows the device to be a food processor for some ingredients, and a blender when used with the blender attachment
- The blender can hold up to 40 fluid ounces of liquids
- The device comes with a number of free, stainless steel chopping attachments
- The user can adjust the rotation and power to accommodate the different speeds the device needs for food processing and blending
- The built-in safety mechanism keeps the motor from turning on when the lid or the base are not locked in place
- The food processor can be used for many different recipes because it features several blade-speed settings including high, low, and pulse
- The plastic is BPA-free and safe to use with any type of food
- The device doesn’t perform very well when mincing parsley, shredding carrots, and cutting julienne strips
- The food processor can be noisy if used continuously on the highest setting
- The feed tube is relatively small, and it can’t hold a medium sized tomato
- The stainless steel exterior to the device is not dishwasher safe
Click here for the Price!
One of the most popular multi-purpose food processors available, the DeLonghi is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a powerful blender or food processor, but doesn’t have the space to set up and store both. The device is very popular with users from all over the world, and we’ve given the device a score of four stars. Many people prefer the DeLonghi to other devices because it offers the power of two standalone devices in a single, compact kitchen appliance (wiki).