What makes a great breakfast for you? Fresh fruit juices, hot coffee or a chocolate drink, waffles with fruit toppings, bacon, fluffy eggs, but all these are nothing when you don’t have freshly baked bread. Whether you purchase from the bakeshop or bake it yourself, it’s something you’d love to have for breakfast.
Buying bread from your favorite stores can save you time but this cannot be as healthy as you wish it should be. There can be preservatives and unnatural ingredients that may harm your health.
Aside from health benefits, there are some more benefits in baking your own fresh bread. Take a look at the top 3 reasons why you should make your own bread for breakfast.
- Baking is therapeutic and you’d have a fun time starting your day baking your own delicious fresh bread in the morning.
- Starting your day being productive and creative will kick start your day and help you finish more at work and in your personal life.
- It’s easy to bake and can save you much money if you count it in a year.
Here’s A Quick Recipe For Fresh Bread
If you’re not yet into baking and doesn’t know how you can bake your own bread for breakfast, it’s easy to say that it’s difficult and time-consuming process. Who has extra time in their day anyway?
Instead of making the dough and baking the bread yourself, you can opt for a bread machine which will take all this out of your hands. You just put all the ingredients in the machine, set the timer and wake up with fresh bread in the morning! What a wonderful way to start the day!
If you want to make bread completely yourself, then it will only take few easy steps and staple ingredients for you to start baking. Here’s a quick and easy recipe you can follow to make sure you no longer have to settle for low quality store-bought breads.
First gather these ingredients:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 teaspoons sugar (or 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups flour
Equipment you need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand or stand mixer
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Bread Pan
- Hand Towel
- Take the large bowl and dissolve yeast in it with hot water.
- When the yeast is totally dissolved, add in sugar, salt, oil and add flour gradually. There will be a lot of lumps as you mix everything but don’t worry about it. Add the flour gradually as you go, about ¼ cups each time.
- Now here’s the part, kneading. Lightly cover an area on your table or counter with a flour. You’re doing this to avoid the dough to stick on it. Knead for 10 minutes, folding, twisting, squeezing as you wish.
- Shape it into a ball and let it sit for about 20-30 minutes covered with cloth. While doing this, you can do other chores, like frying bacon, or preparing coffee.
- Take the dough and punch it down on the floured area of your table and spread it to make a rectangle shape.
- Take the bread pan and brush it with oil or non-stick cooking spray and put your dough in.
- Put the loaf in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. When done, let it cool and slice it to your desired sizes.
You see it’s not that hard, it may time extra effort but it’s going to be worth it. You and your family will surely enjoy this healthy homemade fresh bread.
As you become comfortable with the basic bread, you can also try incorporating your own ingredients. You can add berries, flavorings and spices depending on what will suit your taste and your diet goals. Remember, you have control with what you put in your bread thus making this healthier than a store-bought bread.
Delicious Bread Combos You’ll Love
Of course it doesn’t end at baking your own bread. There are lots of ways to serve this delicious homemade goodie to your family for breakfast. Find a good combination of jams, fruits, cheeses and lots more that will make your breakfast even more nutritious.
You can try these three combinations and see which one suits your taste palate:
- Blackberry basil and grilled cheese is a great combination of different tastes, your new favorite for sure.
- Basil, bacon, brie and you can add a little spinach too to make it extra healthy.
- Banana, pecan and cherry are a great combination for a fruity bread.
Although there are so many other combinations of cheeses, berries, jams, spreads and meat you combine to create a great breakfast with your bread, those are the must-tries. There’s definitely no limit in what combinations you can make, so let your imagination flow.
Now that you know how to bake your own bread and make combinations that you’ll surely enjoy, you can enjoy the health benefits of homemade freshly baked bread for breakfast. Your family is safe from the harmful preservatives store-bought breads have. You can also save a lot of money from baking instead of buying from the bakeshops. Make freshly baked bread a part of your everyday breakfast and enjoy the benefits it can bring you and your family.