One of the most popular blenders currently produced by KitchenAid, the KSB1570SL includes all the features users have come to expect in a modern blender, with a few improvements that makes the device much more versatile and easy to operate. The KSB1570SL comes with KitchenAid’s new Intelli-Speed motor control that helps keep the blending speed at a consistent rate. The device automatically detects any change in the internal motor speed while blending ingredients, and the Intelli-Speed system automatically compensates any drop in speed. Normally, the blender’s speed would fluctuate wildly depending on the consistency of the ingredients, and this would result in an uneven blending procedure. With the Intelli-Speed system, the device blends much more thoroughly and quickly.
KitchenAid KSB1570SL 5-Speed Blender
Click for the Price here!
- The KitchenAid KSB1570SL is a consumer blender
- Measures 15.2 x 8.6 x 9 inches
- Weighs 10 pounds
- Shipping weight: 11.2 pounds
- Model number: KSB1540SL
- Stainless steel blades
- Intelli-speed motor control
- Soft start feature included
- Die-cast metal base
- Ice crushing setting
- Five speeds
- Maximum capacity: 56 ounces
- Pulse mode
- Silver color scheme
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Use & care guide
- BPA-free blending area
- One year limited manufacturer’s warranty for parts and labor
Features and Benefits
The KitchenAid KSB1570SL can be used to blend a wide array of ingredients including dry materials like brown rice. Many users have commented that the blender is very good at grinding almonds to get almond milk, as well as peanuts to make peanut butter. The device is also powerful enough to crush ice and other hard, frozen ingredients. The blender actually comes with a specific setting for crushing ice and frozen ingredients, as well as a host of other blending options including: stir, chop, mix, puree, and liquefy. Each of these five settings can also be set to pulse mode for added user control.
In pulse mode, the device fluctuates on and off, which causes the device to operate rhythmically in a pulsing manner. This is a great option when the user wants to grind ingredients down to a particular consistency instead of simply allowing the device to run unattended. The pulse setting can be used in conjunction with any of the five speed settings, so you’ll always have the right pulse setting for the type of ingredients you’re blending.
The device also comes with KitchenAid’s new, steel-reinforced coupler that helps to provide direct, efficient power transfer from the motor directly to the blade. This helps increase the overall efficiency of the device, and it keeps the blender running at a much more consistent rate than devices at a similar price point. The coupler is also coated with a thin film of lubricant, so the device has a much quieter operation that many other blenders on the market.
- The device comes with KitchenAid’s parented Soft Start system, which helps prevent splattering and increases the efficiency of the blender on startup
- The internal motor comes with a durable steel-reinforced coupler that has 12 interlocking teeth to directly transfer the motor power to the cutting blades. The internal coupler is also coated with a thin film that helps keep the device quiet
- The serve pitcher can hold 56 ounces and the device is completely BPA free
- Each setting on the control panel is backlit by a blue LED light, so it’s easy to tell which setting you’re using
- The blender pitcher comes with a two-ounce ingredient cap that is very useful for adding additional ingredients while the device is in use
- The blender pitcher, ingredient cap, and blade are all machine washable
- The stainless steel blades can cut through almost any type of ingredient with relative ease
- The device can be set to five unique blending settings, so the user can blend a variety of different ingredients. The device also comes with separate ice-crushing and pulse settings
- The blender comes with a 0.9 horsepower motor that is fully optimized for blending, mixing, and liquefying
- If the blender is overloaded, the device will automatically shut off to protect the user
- While the device works well with soft foods and purees, some users have commented that the device doesn’t work as well with frozen fruits
- The bottom part of the jar is permanently affixed to the bottom part of the device, which makes the blender a bit harder to clean than other blenders
- If the device is dropped repeatedly, the bottom part of the blender might begin to leak
Click here for the Price!
A high-quality blender with advanced features, the KSB1570SL has quickly become one of the most popular blenders in the KitchenAid catalogue. The device’s wide array of blending speeds, Soft-Start feature, and Intelli-Speed blending control helps give the device a unique edge over the competition. The device is very popular with online reviewers and we’ve given it a score of four stars. Overall, the KitchenAid KSB1570SL is an excellent blender that can be used in almost any application.