One of the latest additions to the Panasonic line of steam-dry irons, the NI-E300 is an overall improvement on previous iron designs, with a few brand new features that set it apart from the competition. If you’re a working professional who has to wear a button-down shirt every day, you’ve probably become accustomed to using a conventional steam iron to remove wrinkles from your clothing. What many people don’t know is that a conventional steam iron can leave more wrinkles than it smoothes out if it’s used improperly. A regular iron tugs at the fabric instead of gliding over it and can make ironing a hassle. The new U-shaped soleplate design of the NI-E300 can give you a clean, professional look while cutting down your ironing time by minutes.
- The Panasonic NI-E300TR is a steam-dry iron
- Measures 4.66 inches by 10.12 inches by 5.45 inches
- Comes with three auto-shutoff functions
- The soleplate is made from titanium and has a non-stick coating
- Weighs 3.3 pounds when empty and close to five pounds when full of water
- The cord is close to seven feet long and retracts into the body of the iron when not in use
- The water tank can hold 10.3 ounces of water at a time
- Shipping weight of 4.5 pounds
- 29 steam vents along the u-shape groove
- 25 percent more steam distribution than the majority of conventional steam-dry irons
The U-shaped design focuses the iron’s weight to the center of the soleplate instead of on the tips, reducing friction. This reduced friction allows the integrated steam vents to penetrate your clothes much more effectively than with a regular iron, reducing the friction ever further. Now you can fully iron a shirt with just one pass, instead of having to go over one spot over and over again to get out the wrinkles. Most of the time, going over the same spot would just create more wrinkles, which can extend your ironing time by minutes when you should already be finished.
- The curves soleplate helps to reduce drag and lets the user iron without worrying about the tip snagging on an article of clothing
- The raised heel rest allows for a clear view while moving the iron across a surface, so the user can easily see how much steam needs to be applied
- The iron comes at a competitive price point and beats out many other models of iron who offer fewer features, but are more expensive
- The cord automatically retracts at the push of a button, so the user doesn’t have to fumble with long annoying power cords
- The spray mist button works well when you need extra moisture to get out wrinkles
- The steam settings are adjustable and can be altered using the three-setting switch on top of the iron
- The soleplate’s u-shape helps to evenly distribute steam and extend the iron by half an inch, compared to previous models of Panasonic iron
- The water tank needs to be cleaned out regularly to prevent calcium buildups in the internal vents
- The iron is a little heavy when fully filled with water
The Panasonic NI-E300 is highly praised, and over 85 percent of all reviews rank the iron as four stars or higher. Even the iron’s color is a selling point. The green exterior makes an otherwise boring iron look bright and vibrant. The iron heats up quickly, works well, and comes at a competitive price point. The NI-E300 is one of the best steam dry irons (wiki) in the Panasonic catalogue, and has many reviewers report the quality and ease of use of the NI-E300 makes them excited about ironing again.