A new variation on the classic deign, the NI-L70SR steam iron takes the next major step in ironing technology by making the device completely wireless. Getting rid of the cord means easier use, storage, and a longer product life, because one of the first things to break on any iron is the power cord. Tangles in the power cables can also put the user in danger, so a cordless unit is bound to be safer.
The iron comes with a built-in water tank that separates from the unit at the touch of a button, so it can be filled in a sink without spillage. The NI-L70SR showcases new steam feature that help to press out stubborn wrinkles by loosening the fibers in the fabric. Once the fibers are loose you can glide over the trouble spot and remove the annoying wrinkles.
- The Panasonic NI-L70SR is a cordless steam iron
- Measures 8.21 inches by 7 inches by 11.85 inches
- Weighs five pounds
- Temperature range of 248 degrees Fahrenheit to 392 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power supply runs on 120 volts AC and is power rated at 12.5 amps – 1500 watts
- Water tank has a capacity of 5.125 ounces
- Iron has three adjustable steam amounts: high, low, dry
- Temperature controlled by a three-button system and a microprocessor
- Water tank is detachable (instructions see manual booklet)
- The iron is colored white and the water tank has a clear green tint
- Comes with a heat-resistant carrying case
- Soleplate has a stainless steel finish
Along with hassle-free ironing, the NI-L70SR also offers a powerful, new design. The curved, stainless steel soleplate helps the iron to move effortlessly over any surface without causing additional creasing. Many conventional irons cause small wrinkles to form as they pass over the work because their soleplates are sticky or not properly supplied with steam. The soleplate on the NI-L70SR has a thin, nonstick layer over the stainless steel that helps the iron to move smoothly even after months of continuous use. The soleplate also helps with dry ironing, because the iron traps air between the soleplate and the fabric, and this allows the iron to glide smoothly without any added moisture.
- The cordless design makes ironing much easier and less cumbersome
- The curved stainless steel soleplate helps get into hard-to-reach areas while maintaining the ability to quickly iron large pieces of fabric
- The water tank can easily be removed, refilled, and then remounted on the iron
- The three-piece cordless system makes ironing easier and safer than with competing products
- The automatic shot-down system turns off the iron, even if you forget. After ten minutes the iron will automatically turn off and begin to cool if it’s left in its power base
- The steam vents clean themselves when in use and the internal tank comes with an anti-calcium system that prevents clogged steam vents and reduces sediment buildup
- The front-mounted spray mist function helps to get rid of wrinkles and and directs moisture in front of the iron
- The iron takes a while to heat up and has to be left on its power station for an extended amount of time to fully charge
- The iron doesn’t get as hot as other Panasonic irons
The NI-L70SR cordless steam-dry iron is quickly becoming one of the most popular irons in the appliances catalogue. The iron’s ease-of-use and cordless design separates it from its competitors and has made it very popular among reviewers. Over 95 percent of all reviewers rate the NI-L70SR at four stars or higher.