An updated version of Panasonic’s popular multi-directional iron design, the NI-W950A has become very popular because of its ease-of-use, convenience, and competitive price point. The NI-W950A comes with everything you’d expect to find in a modern steam iron with a few new features that push the NI-W950A ahead of the competition. The iron comes with Panasonic’s patented dual tip technology, which allows for quick and easy multi-directional ironing. The ability to iron in any direction helps to cut down on the overall ironing time by up to 25 percent, making ironing a breeze.
The NI-W950A also comes with an alumite soleplate, which helps to reduce friction and increase the efficiency of the iron. Alumite is a type of anodized aluminum that is an excellent heat conductor, and it has additional properties that make it smooth and slippery. The soleplate is highly scratch resistant, and it glides over various surfaces with ease to make ironing much easier.
- The Panasonic NI-W950A is a steam iron
- The device measures 5.85 inches by 5.5 inches by 12.125 inches
- The iron weighs 4.4 pounds when the tank is empty
- Power rated for 12.5 amps – 1700 watts – 120 volts
- Auto shut-off in the flat position after one minute, in the side position after one minute and in the heel rest position after ten minutes
- The water tank has a capacity of ten ounces and a ten ounce removable water tank refill cap
- Ten foot cord length
- Four adjustable steam settings: high, medium, low, and dry
- Comes with five selectable fabric settings on the temperature dial
- 360 degree rotating cord design
- The soleplate has a Anodized aluminum finish with a non-stick coating
Unlike many other brands of steam-dry iron, the NI-W950A is self-cleaning and doesn’t require any kind of cleaning or maintenance to work properly. The NI-W950A uses Panasonic’s patented three-way cleaning system to keep the iron running smoothly. The iron’s anti-calcium system prevents clogged steam passages by reducing the sediment buildup in the vaporizing chambers of the iron (ehow). The power shot feature can also be used to clean out the system by releasing steam that takes away the sediment that builds up around steam holes.
- The patented dual-curve soleplate allows for quick and easy multi-directional ironing. The design also makes it easy to steam hard to reach places like collars and seams
- The extra long cord adds convenience and retracts at the push of a button so you don’t have to fumble and store the oversized cord
- The iron’s steam features can be used at any angle including, so ironing hanging clothes, drapes, and furniture covers is easier than ever
- The internal systems are self-cleaning, so you don’t have to worry about clogged vents or sediment building up inside the tank.
- The iron saves you money because it can use regular tap water, so you don’t have to buy other expensive cleaning products or distilled water
- The overall design is very sturdy
- The iron is a bit heavy compared to other brands at a similar price point, but this might be considered a pro for some
- Doesn’t get hot as quickly as other irons, and it takes a long time to cool off after use
One of the highest quality irons currently on the market, the Panasonic NI-W950A offers excellent multi-directional abilities and self-cleaning features that make the iron very easy to use and maintain. Many irons try to do too much, and they include functions that aren’t useful to the average person, but the NI-W950A doesn’t have a single feature that isn’t geared towards improving the user experience. The iron is very popular among reviewers. Over 80 percent of all reviews give the NI-W950A iron a rating of four stars or higher.