An iron built for the next decade, the Reliable V200 takes everything that we know about steam irons and infuses it with eco-friendly technology to make a product that will help protect the environment while it saves you money. Reliable’s new Eco-Intelligent feature helps you save water by only starting the steam when you pick up the iron. When the iron is not being held, the steam automatically turns off and it goes into sleep mode, saving water and energy.
The Eco-Intelligent feature works very well because the iron gets hot quickly. By having two heating elements inside the iron, the Reliable V200 can produce steam at a lower temperature than other irons. The first heating element is inside the water tank and pre-heats the water. Then the water travels to the exterior soleplate where it is vaporized. Normally the water would simply travel to the soleplate to be vaporized, but the addition of a second heating element minimizes the actual heat required to run the iron.
- The Reliable Sensor Velocity V200 is a steam iron
- Iron measures 13 inches by 6.5 inches by 5 inches
- Weighs a total of 3.8 pounds when the water tank is empty
- Shipping weight of 4.4 pounds
- Cord is 8.2 feet long and retracts into the body of the iron
- Two heating elements: internal heating and heated soleplate
- Steam automatically activates when you use the iron
- Anodized Aluminum soleplate and inner magnesium plate
- One inch square temperature indicator display
- Blue and white color scheme
- 1800-Watt heating element
- Water tank capacity of 1.25 cups
- Internal vapor generator
The anodized aluminum material helps to enhance the smoothness of the soleplate, making it very easy to move over any type of fabric. The inner magnesium plate helps to increase the strength and durability of the iron and reduces the overall weight to 3.8 pounds. Magnesium is much lighter than the stainless steel that is typically used in steam iron construction, so an inner core of magnesium helps to make the iron lighter and much easier to use.
- The V200 was awarded the Woolmark Approved status, which means it’s safe to use on any type of fabric
- The temperature indicator is easy to read and has a quick setting dial for temperature and settings changes
- The new streamlined design is evenly weighted around the handle to reduce wrist strain and make ironing much easier than with a conventional iron
- The Eco-Intelligent feature automatically turns the iron off when you put the iron down, which also reduces the risk of an accident
- The anodized aluminum soleplate reduces friction on all types of fabric and the inner magnesium plate increases the overall durability of the soleplate
- The iron reaches its peak temperature very quickly and automatically distributes steam when the iron is in use
- The Reliable V200 is easy to operate and is great for arts and crafts projects along with day-to-day ironing
- The iron is quite heavy when filled with water; some people prefer lighter models
- When you turn the iron off using the onboard switch it goes into a standby mode, so the device needs to be unplugged to fully turn off.
One of the newest developments in steam iron technology, the Reliable V200 is a major leap forward in overall design. The Eco-Intelligence features of the iron will help save you money in the long run while it reduces your overall carbon footprint. The V200 is an excellent choice for anyone who’s passionate about the environment, and who is looking to switch over from regular appliances to green, power-saving hardware.