One of the most popular home steam iron stations currently on the market, the Rowenta DG8430 provides all the efficiency of a commercial ironing system in a consumer level product. The Rowenta provides continuous, high-powered steam at the touch of a button, and it can run continuously for over 90 minutes before it has to be refilled. The constant stream of steam makes ironing feel effortless while it helps you cut the time it takes you to finish your laundry in half.
The DG8430 Pro Precision Steam Iron Station’s compact size might fool you into thinking that it’s simply a stripped down version of a professional system, but the Rowenta offers all the features of a professional steaming and ironing machine in one small package. The only thing that’s been stripped down is the price; the DG8430 is available at a very competitive price point and beats out many conventional irons when it comes to value for money.
- The Rowenta DG8430 Pro Precision Steam Station
- Measures 15 inches by 10.2 inches by 11 inches
- Weighs 10.6 pounds
- Steams at 90g per minute
- Water tank holds 33 ounces and will work continuously for an hour and a half
- Works with 1800 watts of power
- Ready to use after three minute heating period
- Six foot power cord and twelve foot steam cord
- Clear gray window provides view of water tank
- Black and white design, and the charging station is white
- Over 400 micro-steam holes built into the stainless steel soleplate
- Steam is released by a trigger on the handle
The iron comes with an upgraded soleplate featuring a precision tip, 400 micro-steam holes and an upgraded ergonomic handle. The DG8430 can produce three times the steam of a conventional iron, cutting your ironing time in half when compared to competing brands. The advanced steam system also refreshes heavy garments, saving you a trip to the drycleaners. Perhaps the most advanced features of the DG8430 are its anti-calcium filters and internal, auto-cleaning mechanisms. You can clean out the interior of the iron by using it, which will help extend the life of the product and save you money on cleaning supplies. Because of the auto-cleaning functions, you can use regular tap water instead of distilled water, saving you even more money.
- The iron works with tap water, so there’s no need to buy other cleaning products or special distilled water for the iron to run properly
- The system is very compact and can fit on an ironing board or be placed on the floor
- The stainless steel soleplate is scratch resistant and provides a smooth surface to iron with
- The 400 micro-steam holes give great steam distribution
- The iron’s precision tip reaches difficult areas like collars and seams
- The iron takes three minutes to full heat up, which is much faster than most competing brands
- The steam level can be adjusted to suit every type of fabric
- The vertical steam mode is ideal for drapes, slipcovers, and other hanging garments
- The iron’s anti-calcium system filters impurities and automatically cleans the stem vents whenever steam is applied
- The steam button is very sensitive, so be careful not to leave your finger on it for too long or too much moisture will build up on the ironing board
- There is no on and off switch, so the only way to turn the system off is to unplug it
One of the best consumer steam stations currently on the market, the DG8430 combines every aspect of a great dry-iron with a professional grade steamer. Popular among reviewers, the Rowenta has a 90 percent user satisfaction rating and is ranked as one of the best steam irons Rowenta currently sells.