Hailing from Germany, the Rowenta DW2070 is currently one of the most popular steam irons in the Rowenta product catalogue. The iron’s sleek design and ergonomic handle make ironing comfortable and almost effortless. The iron glides across almost any fabric, which lets you sit back and focus on getting out the wrinkles instead of fighting with the iron. The DW2070 has over 300 micro-steam holes built into the stainless steel soleplate for even steam release. The steam hole work well when used vertically, eliminating the need to buy a steamer. Now you can steam clothes while they’re still on the hanger, or iron fragile fabrics without the risk of leaving marks or shrinking the fabric.
The DW2070 is an appliance which is designed to be one of the safest irons on the market; Rowenta included several key features that help minimize the risk of fire. If left vertically, the iron will shut off after eight minutes to minimize the risk of someone accidentally touching the heated metal. If tipped over the DW2070 will automatically shut down after 30 seconds, further reducing the chance that an unattended iron would cause an accident.
- The Rowenta DW2070 is a steam iron
- Measures 12 inches by 6.7 inches by 5.3 inches
- Weighs 3.35 pounds when empty
- Runs on 1600 watts of power
- Comes with an anti-drip system
- Has 3 auto-off mechanisms to avoid accidental burning
- Equipped with a self-cleaning system
- The electrical cord measures 7 feet and can pivot 360 degrees
- Soleplate is made out of stainless steel and has over 300 steam holes
- Iron can shoot steam vertically
- Water tank has a capacity of 8.45 ounces
- Designed and manufactured in Germany
- Includes a filter to help improve the quality of steam
The DW2070 has a nice overall weight and feel, which adds a feeling of extra control and precision. The iron evenly distributes pressure to the fabric, which then helps to circulate steam properly, and that makes ironing much easier than with a conventional steam iron. The iron’s overall shape and comfortable thumb rest make using the iron for day-to-day activities a breeze. For many people, the DW2070 will feel like an extension of their hand, helping them iron more quickly than they would with a competing brand.
- The iron is durable and will function well, even if it’s dropped or falls off the ironing board
- The water tank is easy to fill and hold more water than the average steam-dry iron
- The handle has an integrated thumb rest, which makes the iron easier to handle and move around the ironing board
- The stainless steel soleplate comes with an excellent non-stick coating, and is scratch resistant
- The seven foot long electrical cord is easy to extend and automatically when you’re finished using the iron
- The system is self-cleaning and flushes out loose mineral deposits, ensuring optimal performance
- The auto-off safety feature will turn off the iron if it’s left on its face or its side, helping to avert an accident
- The water compartment is dark blue, so it can be hard to gauge how much water is left in the tank without holding the iron up to the light
- The iron is a little top-heavy because the base is small in comparison to the body
Sporting a striking European design and a distinct attention to user-friendliness, the DW2070 is one of the best steam irons on the market. Unmatched in comfort, safety, and usability, the Rowenta DW2070 is an excellent choice for anyone who’s looking for a well-rounded iron. The iron is competitively priced and highly regarded, making it one of the most popular units, which is very easy to use and to clean, in the Rowenta catalogue.