One of the newest household appliance to the Rowenta line of comfort steam irons, the DW2090 builds on previous Rowenta designs to bring a new and improved version of an old favorite. Featuring an automatic cord reel system, the DW2090 allows the user to adjust the cord length as needed, and it can be completely retracted for storage. With many other brands of steam iron, the electrical cable has to be wrapped up externally, and that keeps the manufacturers from making it long enough for convenience.
Most power cables are only a few feet long because they have a tendency to drag along the floor, trip the user, and get in the way when ironing. The DW2090 lets you have as much cord as you need, then stores the rest of the cord until you want to put the iron away. At the push of a button, the power cable will retract and store itself safely inside the iron. The DW2090 also comes with a pivoting cord reel system, so the electrical cord won’t get in your way while you ironing or using the vertical steam function.
- The Rowenta DW2090 is a corded steam iron
- Measures 12.2 inches by 5.2 inches by 6.2 inches
- Weighs 1.4 pounds when the water tank is empty
- Runs on 1500 watts of power
- Equipped with thumb rest
- Large 8.45-ounce water tank
- Three way auto shutoff turns off after eight minutes if left vertically, and after thirty seconds if left on its side
- Manually adjustable steam and steam temperature
- Integrated Anti-calcium system
- Stainless steel soleplate with over 300 micro-steam holes
Another major upgrade to the iron is the addition of a scratch-resistant stainless steel soleplate. A high-quality soleplate is one of the post important parts of any steam iron. The DW2090’s soleplate glides across almost any type of surface, which takes a lot of strain off ironing and makes it a stress-free activity. The underside of the soleplate also has over 300 micro-steam holes that help to evenly distribute steam around the underside of the iron.
- The Rowenta DW2090 offers great value-for-money, and provides more power than many competing brands of iron
- The iron is sturdy, durable, and has a great overall build quality
- The retractable cord makes cleanup easy, because you don’t have to fumble with a long, annoying electrical cord every time you want to iron a shirt
- The iron removes creases from even heavy fabrics with ease, and the added steam functions make for a great overall user experience
- This iron works great for quilting
- The heavy steam setting will smooth out the hanger marks on the shoulders of a shirt
- The iron is very lightweight compared to other irons, even when the water tank is completely filled
- The iron has an ergonomic design that makes it easier to hold and handle
- The temperature and steam settings are easy to se using the iron’s integrated dual-dial
- The iron is a bit top heavy, so don’t leave it unattended or it may fall off the ironing board
- The water compartment is dark blue, so it can be difficult to gauge the exact water level
- The large back end makes it difficult to see the ironing surface
One of the most popular home appliances brands, Rowenta is a household name across Europe. Their excellent reputation overseas is drawing attention in North America, and Rowenta is quickly becoming the first choice of seamstresses, tailors, and quilters on both sides of the Atlantic. Reviewers are very enthusiastic about the DW2090, with 85 percent of all reviews ranking the iron as four stars or higher.