Pressure cookers have in fact taken a back seat with convenient electric grillers and deep fryers over the recent years. However, with the help of proper education, consumers are slowly learning and understanding the great benefits of using a pressure cooker.
A Quick Buying Guide on Pressure Cookers
Buying kitchen stuff should not be taken lightly. Remember that everything that you are to use for producing healthy meals should be treated as sort of an investment. So, yes, regardless of the price, a pressure cooker is an investment to a healthier you.
There are basically two types of pressure cookers – aluminum and stainless steel. Aluminum pressure cookers usually are cheaper, lightweight, and able to withstand high temperatures. However, this type cannot handle high pressure that well. The stainless steel pressure cooker, on the other hand, is heavier and more expensive but lasts longer given that it has the great capability to withstand high temperatures and pressures.
As for sizes, pressure cooker usually comes in different sizes – 4, 6, 8, and 10 quarts. Typically, the smallest 4-quart pressure cooker is good if cooking for 1-2 people and it is the most portable. The 6-quart model is the most popular and most preferred while the bigger 8 and 10-quart models are for cooking for large families or for commercial cooking like in restaurants or catering services.
The Top 5 Pressure Cookers
The reason why you are probably reading this now is because you are deeply hoping to get some valuable information with regards to which pressure cookers today are truly worth buying. And we would hate to disappoint you so we have put up a list of some of the top-selling and most loved pressure cookers today:
This Amazon #1 bestseller is a 7-in-1 multifunctional cooker-pressure cooker that can be used for cooking rice, slow cooking, sautéing, browning, making yogurt, steaming, and warming various kinds of foods.
Check the details below why everyone loves this multifunctional pressure cooker:
- 7-in-1 multifunctional cooker
- Easy-to-use control panel
- 14 Built-in Smart Programs
- Dual Pressure
- Automatic Keep Warm
- 3 varying temperatures for sauté and slow cooking
- UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms
- Highly energy efficient
- Stainless steel cooking pot and steam rack with handle
- Comes with instruction manual and recipes in different languages
- Measures 13 x 12.6 x 12.2 inches
- Weighs approximately 12 pounds
Most consumers felt the urge to review this Instant Pot pressure cooker (site) simply because it has exceeded everyone’s expectations. It truly can produce all kinds of healthy but tasty meals that you would never think you would be able to cook.
All American 921 21-1/2 Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
This one shines the most with a flawless 5-star rating at Amazon with over 1,500 customer reviews. It is even reasonably priced at a little over $200 and has a big capacity. As customers put it, this is a heavy-built solid American product that could probably be the greatest investment you can have that will truly last a lifetime.
Here are more details about this amazing product:
- 21-1/2-quart capacity which is equivalent to 19 pint jars or 7 quart jars
- Made of durable, hand-cast aluminum
- Attractive satin finish
- Exclusive “metal-to-metal” sealing system
- Geared steam gauge
- Automatic overpressure release
- Settings of 5, 10, and 15 psi
- Measures 15-3/8 inches high with 12-1/4 inch diameter
- Weighs around 20 pounds (converter)
This is one heavy-duty pressure cooker that also works great for canning. If you are looking for a pressure cooker that can last for as long as you can cook, this will be the one.
Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
Coming in a new and improved packaging with the same good old mighty power is the Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ. This one has got a 4-star rating with over 1000 customer reviews. It is very affordable yet very efficient as it cooks faster but healthier. This has been said to reduce cooking time of up to 70% if to be compared against traditional stovetop cooking.
Here are more details:
- 6-quart electric pressure cooker
- Push button controls
- Easy-to-read digital display
- Precision thermostat
- Different settings for cooking, sautéing, browning, simmering, and warming
- Cool-touch handles
- Nonstick dishwasher safe cooking pot and trivet
- Measures 12.2 x 12.2 x 13.2 inches
- Weighs approximately 14.2 pounds
Cuisinart claims that this is their take on helping more people cook faster but better and healthier. Customers who bought this are extremely satisfied with its ease of use and overall functionality.
Kuhn Rikon 3916 Duromatic Top Model Energy Efficient Pressure Cooker
Would you believe that The New York Times (link) considered this “the Mercedes Benz of pressure cookers”? However, it does not come as expensive as the likes of Mercedes. In fact, it is very affordable at a little less than $150.
Know more about this in the specifications below:
- Comes in three different sizes – 3.5, 5, and 7 quart
- 18/10 stainless steel with solid aluminum core in base
- Quiet and safe new generation system
- Spring-loaded precision valve
- Integrated lid locking
- 5 safety releases
- Made in Switzerland
- 10-year warranty
Customers are very comfortable in choosing this pressure cooker simply because of the warranty. They very well know that a brand would not offer a warranty this long if they are not totally comfortable with the durability of their product.
MaxiMatic EPC-807 Elite Platinum 8-Quart Digital Pressure Cooker
If you are looking for an everyday pressure cooker, then this MaxiMatic EPC-807 is just right. It is big enough for family gatherings, easy to use, and is very affordable.
Know more about its wonderful features below:
- 6 multifunctions – rise and risotto, potatoes and yams, beans and grains, meat and chicken, soup and stew, and keep warm/browning
- Convenient browning function
- 9-hour delay timer
- Attractive brushed stainless steel housing
- Removable nonstick interior
- Automatic keep warm feature
- Automatic pressure cooking
- Measures 15 x 15.2 x 15 inches
- Weighs approximately 21.8 pounds
Customers most especially love this because despite its diverse functions, it performs well under pressure. In fact, it is so tough that customers have been using it to the fullest more often than recommended yet it remains flawlessly functional and efficient.
We have been totally careless in the past but now are learning. We have seen so many people become obese due to sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy eating that we are now just screaming to get out of it. One of the best ways to start your path towards a healthier life would be to use a pressure cooker. It does not only cooks fast but healthier as well. So think about. Today is the best day to get one for your kitchen.