One of the most powerful home waffle makers currently available, the Waring Pro WMK600 can produce restaurant-quality waffles at the flick of a switch, and do it without the hassle of using a stovetop waffle iron. For many people, breakfast can be one of the most important meals of the day. That’s why a high-quality waffle iron can make the difference between having a complete, healthy breakfast and settling for a meal that leaves you wanting more. The Waring Pro WMK600 is designed to accommodate dual waffle making, so you can make one waffle on the topside of the device while you bake a second waffle in the bottom portion. The device thoroughly cooks the waffle batter by allowing the user to rotate the waffle iron. This ensures that the batter makes complete contact with the inside of the griddle.
Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker
- The Waring Pro WMK600 is an electric Belgian waffle maker
- Measures 15.5 x 9.8 x 9.3
- Weighs nine pounds
- Shipping weight: twelve pounds
- Runs on 1400 watts at 120 volts
- Waffle capacity: two waffles
- Round waffle plate
- Rotation function
- Extra deep, one-inch pockets
- Rotary browning thermostat
- On and off toggle switch
- Two LED indicator lights and three audible baking tones
- White and silver color scheme
- Built to North American electrical standards
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty on parts and labor
Features and Benefits
This waffle maker is also very easy to operate. For the majority of the 20th century, waffle making was difficult and imprecise because the user would have to hold the waffle iron over an open fire in order to cook the batter. Stovetop models were developed later on, but it wasn’t until the advent of the electric waffle iron that the average person could bake their own waffles at home. To operate the device, the user simply has to add the batter and select their preferred heat setting. The waffle maker will then reach the optimal baking temperature without requiring any more user input. This self-regulating heating system takes a lot of the uncertainty out of making waffles.
Another problem people used to have while making waffles was that the griddle could be very difficult to clean once it became caked with batter. The Waring Pro WMK600 helps to alleviate that problem by adding a nonstick coating to the heating surface. Now, when the user goes to clean the device, the caked on batter will come off easily. This also helps when removing the waffle from the waffle maker, because it will be less likely to stick to the hot griddle.
- The device can make two waffles at once, so it’s ideal for anyone who needs to make breakfast for multiple people at once. Each waffle is also divided into four slices, so it’s easy to measure out portions for multiple people
- The Waring Pro WMK600 comes with a thorough manual that also includes four unique waffle recipes.
- The waffle maker has six heat settings that adjust the waffle’s browning. The settings range from light and fluffy to dark and crunchy
- The Waring Pro WMK600 has a small LED light that displays when the device is ready to cook the batter. The waffle maker also plays several audible alerts, so you don’t have to rely on the LED indicator lights. This makes it much easier for you to work on other parts of your recipe because you don’t have to constantly watch the waffle maker
- The device comes with a measuring cup, so it’s easy to cook the correct amount of batter for each waffle. This also helps to reduce the amount of batter that seeps out the sides when the griddle is closed
- The Waring Pro WMK600 has a non-stick cooking surface, so the device is much easier to clean and maintain
- When baking the waffles, the user needs to turn the dual-waffle iron over halfway through baking. This can be annoying if you simply want a set-and-forget waffle maker
- The top and sides of the device become too hot to touch during baking, which can be a problem if you cook in a small kitchen
- Some users have commented that the signal light can be difficult to see when the device is in use
One of the best waffle makers currently made by Waring, the Pro WMK600 offers a convenient and fun way to produce high quality waffles at home. Whether you’re a waffle enthusiast or a cooking novice, the Waring Pro is an excellent option if you’re in the market for a home waffle maker. The device is also very popular with reviewers. The device receives an impressive score of four stars or higher in over 93 percent of all reviews. This makes the Waring Pro WMK600 one of the most popular waffle irons available.