Designed by a company with a long history of producing excellent consumer hardware, the Black and Decker D2030 is quickly becoming one of the most popular steam irons in the Black and Decker catalogue. One of the more high-tech irons currently on the market, the D2030 is one of the first irons to include a small LCD monitor to display settings and temperatures. The iron also comes equipped with a motion sensitive auto-off with an audio alert that helps warn people that the iron is still hot.
With a relatively small footprint and a lightweight design, the iron feels evenly weighted when in use. Now you can focus on getting out creases and wrinkles instead of worrying about how the iron handles, or having to compensate for the uneven grip. The D2030 is also very competitively priced, making it a desirable product for any ironing application.
- The Black & Decker D2030 is a stainless steel steam iron
- Measures 11.5 inches by 4.9 inches by 6.3 inches
- INOX stainless steel soleplate
- Runs on 1500 watts
- The iron has a one inch square digital display
- Weighs 4.3 pounds
- Digital display shows temperature and fabric setting
- Soft grip handle
- Emits a ready tone when the iron reaches the desired temperature
- Seven fabric selector settings for acrylic, nylon, polyester, cotton blends, wools, cotton, and linen
The Black and Decker D2030 was designed to put the user’s convenience first, so nearly every new feature of the iron works to make your job easier. The new variable steam option lets you select the perfect setting for every fabric. The dial is marked out with helpful tips for each type of fabric, so you’ll never use too much steam. The D2030 comes with a special setting of linen and delicate garments, so now you can steam draperies and linens without worrying about any discoloration. The D2030 can be used vertically, so you don’t have to take down the items and stretch them out on an ironing board.
- The Iron’s auto-clean feature works effectively
- The digital display is bright and can be read when held at arm’s length
- The auto-shutoff system activates after ten minutes, so if you forget to unplug the iron the system will completely shut down the iron
- The iron comes with variable steam settings, which can be selected using the a scroll-wheel
- The fabric selector offers the user a handy guide on which setting to put the iron on, so you have the right amount of heat for each type of fabric
- The steam system can be used while the iron is being held vertically, so the iron can be used on delicate garments and draperies, without having to remove them and put them on an ironing board
- Comes with a retractable cord that extends and retracts with ease. Even after many uses, the cord still functions properly
- The stainless steel soleplate works very well to get rid of creases and wrinkles
- The iron glides smoothly without a Teflon coating
- The iron can overheat if left on the highest setting
- The soleplate is a little smaller than competing brands
- The Black and Decker D2030 sprays a lot of water, so be careful if you’re primarily ironing linens
Over the years, Black and Decker has earned a reputation for producing reliable products at a reasonable price, so it’s no surprise the D2030 comes so highly recommended. Nearly 85 percent of all reviewers give the Black and Decker D2030 four stars or higher, making it one of the most popular steam irons currently on the market.