One of the most popular food processors in the Breville appliance catalogue, the BFP800XL Sous Chef has been designed to process food of any shape or size with ease. The device’s wide chute makes it easy to load and slice vegetables of any shape or size while making consistent cuts that carve the ingredients to an optimal size. The Breville Sous Chef is designed to make food prep easier and to streamline your efforts in the kitchen.
The device is referred to as the Sous Chef because it can handle any type of prep work in seconds, freeing you to focus on cooking. Many users have said that using the Breville makes them feel like they have another person working in the kitchen with them, taking care of all the tedious preparation that goes into a meal. The professional-quality food processor comes with all the blades and disks you could possibly need to precisely prepare ingredients. The device can efficiently prepare ingredients and dishes with satisfying results every time.
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
Click for the Price here!
- The Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef is a consumer food processor
- Weighs 26 pounds
- Shipping weight: 31 pounds
- Dry capacity: 16 cups large bowl, and 2.5 cups small bowl
- 1200-watt motor
- Dishwasher safe accessories
- UL safety certified
- The device includes: storage box, Micro-Serrated S Blade, Adjustable slicing disc, Julienne disc, French fry cutting disc, reversible shredding disc, whisking disc, mini blade, dough blade, cleaning brush, plastic spatula, 16-cup large bowl, 2-cup small bowl
- Made in China
- 25-year manufacturer’s warranty on the induction motor
Features and Benefits
The Breville Sous Chef comes with a set of eight discs and blades that can be used on a wide variety of ingredients. Each of these blades can be stored in the Breville accessory storage case that comes packaged with each food processor, which cuts down on clutter. The discs can be set to 24 different slicing settings that can make cuts from 0.3 mm all the way up to 8.0 mm. The device also includes disks designed for specific tasks like the french fry cutting disc, the whisking disk, and the reversible shredding disc. The food processor also comes preloaded with a micro-serrated, universal S blade that can be used for a wide range of ingredients.
The processor features a small food pusher, which allows the user to have improved processing control over smaller ingredients, and it can also double as a measuring cup. The device also comes with a large food pusher that helps force food down the feed tube. The food processor will not start unless the large food pusher is in place correctly. The food processor has another safety mechanism that keeps the device from starting unless the bowl, lid, and large food pusher are all correctly locked in place. The Breville’s nonskid base also helps keep the user safe by reducing the risk of the processor sliding around on the table when in use. Interested in how a food processor works? Check this out (wiki).
- The Breville’s powerful induction motor can handle many difficult preparation tasks with ease
- The two BPA-free plastic bowls let the user carry out multiple tasks at the same time
- The small, upper bowl is very handy for mincing herbs, chopping nuts, and blending sauces
- The large bowl is great for slicing, grating, mixing batters, kneading dough, and pureeing soups
- The device is powerful enough to knead dough and chop meats
- The appliance comes with on, pulse, and pause settings that help you process nearly any ingredient
- The device comes with a count up and count down timer that offers great control over the precise amount of time you mix and process ingredients
- The adjustable slicing disk has 24 unique settings including, paper thin curls, one-third thick wedges, and half-inch chunks
- The extra large 5.5 inch diameter feed tube helps eliminate the need to precut ingredients
- The safety interlock system, nonskid feet, and overload protection help keep the operator safe, and the device in optimal condition
- The device comes with retractable cord storage that helps keep countertops clean, and it also helps with storage because you don’t have to constantly fiddle with a long power cord
- All the accessories come in a handy, plastic organizing case that can be stored easily
- When processing large amounts of food, the processor will tend to heat up due to the high amounts of friction, so some users have reported that the exterior becomes hot to the touch and hard to manage
- The 3.8 liter bowl isn’t as large as some other food processors in the Breville’s price range
Click here for the Price!
One of the best food processors currently on the market, the Breville Sous Chef makes prep work easy and fun by reducing the amount of time it takes to perform tedious tasks like slicing vegetables. Processes like chopping meat, kneading dough, and pureeing sauces can take a very long time when done by hand, so a powerful and reliable food processor is a must-have for any kitchen.