One of the most popular ice cream makers currently on the market, the Hamilton Beach 68330R allows users to make their own custom ice cream in the comfort of their own kitchen. The device is capable of making sorbet, gelato, frozen yogurt, and custard as well as traditional ice cream. Whether you’re making a large amount of ice cream for a special occasion, or just making some dessert for yourself, the Hamilton Beach 68330R is an excellent option. The unit will vastly improve your ability to make high-quality desserts quickly and easily. The device also offers great value-for-money because you can buy ingredients in bulk instead of relying on purchasing individual tubs of ice cream. In the long run the Hamilton Beach 68330R will actually save you money if you’re an ice cream aficionado.
Hamilton Beach 68330R 4-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker
- Automatic electric ice-cream maker
- Measures 12 x 12 x 13.5 inches
- Weighs 6.5 pounds
- Shipping weight 9 pounds
- Model number: 68330R
- Primarily plastic exterior and interior
- No assembly required
- Maximum capacity: four quarts
- Over 20 recipes included
- Hamilton Beach Easy-Lock lid
- Fully automatic stirring and chilling
- Can make ice cream, frozen yogurt, custard, sherbet, or gelato
- Easy use & care guide
- One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty on parts and labor
Features and Benefits
The Hamilton Beach 68330R is very simple to use due to the device’s streamlined user interface. The top is secured with a simple mechanism that essentially screws the motor into place. This also keeps the top from coming loose when the device is in use, so you don’t have to pay very close attention to the mixing process. Instead, you can focus on preparing and adding other ingredients or working on other parts of your meal while the dessert finishes mixing.
After the ingredients reach a certain viscosity, the unit stops mixing and the user is prompted to remove the mixer and place the container in the freezer. If you use more salt and ice in your mixture the ice cream will get colder quicker, but it usually takes about two days in the freezer before the mixture is the same consistency as store-bought ice cream. After the ice cream has finished mixing it will have the consistency of thick yogurt, which is preferred by many people, but it’s recommended that you leave the mixture in the freezer at least overnight before eating. The Hamilton Beach 68330R uses a lot of ice to complete its cycle so it’s recommended that you stock up on ice and other supplies before starting up the ice cream maker.
- The Hamilton Beach 68330R can make up to four quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt, or sorbet without requiring any additional user input after adding the ingredients. The device grinds the ice and ingredients together to make the frozen treat, so you can focus on other parts of the recipe
- The device automatically stops when it’s finished a single cycle, and it doesn’t require the user to stir the ingredients
- The Hamilton Beach 68330R comes with over 20 recipes that you can use to create new and exciting frozen treats
- The ice-cream maker lets you mix extra ingredients like candy, cookies, and fresh fruit into the mixture while the device is blending the ingredients together
- The device’s lid is easy to attach and lock on once after you twist the top. After that the top will be securely attached to the device so you don’t have to manually hold it on or worry about it coming off when the ice-cream maker is in use
- The four-quart ice-cream bucket that attaches to the bottom of the device can also double as a convenient tub for serving or storing ice cream. If you’re catering a special occasion, the bottom tub can be set up alongside other food and desserts like a store-bought tub of ice-cream
- Some users have commented that it’s difficult to see the ice cream mixture while it’s freezing. The canister is not transparent, so it can be hard to gauge how much longer you need to leave the mixture in the freezer before it congeals into ice-cream
- The grinding motor is quite loud when compared to similar models, which can be a drawback for anyone who works in a small kitchen
- Most of the device is made from plastic, so the device might break if dropped repeatedly
An excellent addition to any kitchen, the Hamilton Beach 68330R is one of the most popular ice cream makers currently available. The device can make a wide variety of frozen snacks in a short amount of time at a fraction of the price it would cost to purchase ice cream from your local grocery store. In the long run the Hamilton Beach 68330R will save you money along with making you delicious, homemade ice cream. The device has become very popular among users and reviewers alike, and the device receives a rating of four stars or higher in over 90 percent of all reviews.