Made by the popular small appliance company Hamilton Beach, the 70740 is one of the most popular medium-sized food processors currently available. Even though the device has a relatively basic design, it remains powerful enough to perform almost any task. The Hamilton Beach 70740 is easy to use and simple to maintain. The device comes at a very competitive price point, and it offers more powerful features than many high-end models.
The Hamilton Beach food processor relies on a heavy-duty motor to chop, slice, shred, mix, and puree anything that you place in the bowl. The device shreds ingredients quickly, and it’s very easy to operate. The flip-lid design and dishwasher-safe parts allow the user to clean and store the device with ease. The Hamilton Beach 70740 offers all the features you would expect to find in a modern food processor, while streamlining the user interface to a point where anyone can use it without difficulty.
Hamilton Beach 70740 8-Cup Food Processor
Click for the Price here!
- The Hamilton Beach 70740 is an electric food processor
- Measures 14 x 10.1 x 10.1 inches
- Weighs five pounds
- Shipping weight: 7 pounds
- Compact internal storage
- Dishwasher-safe bowl, lid, and blades
- Large feed chute
- 8-cup total capacity
- 450 watts to 650 watts of power
- Speed settings: high, low, and pulse
- Safe for countertop use
- Model number 70740
- Matte black color scheme and brushed chrome knob
- Stainless steel universal S-blade
- Stainless steel reversible slicing and shredding disc
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
The Hamilton Beach 70740 Food Processor has an 8-cup work bowl that’s made from heavy-duty, heat-resistant plastic, and it’s completely BPA free. The overall capacity for the unit is 8 cups, which is much larger than devices at a similar price point. Along with being heat resistant, the bowl is also nearly shatterproof, so you don’t have to worry about it falling and breaking.
While the feed tube isn’t large enough to fit entire vegetables like cucumbers and potatoes, simply chopping the ingredient in half will go a long way towards helping them fit. The feed tube is great for drizzling oil and other liquids into the bowl while the food processor is active. All you have to do is open the top of the feed tube and pour in the liquids.
This food processor comes with a three-speed control knob on the front of the device. The processor comes with three speeds: high, low, and pulse. When you turn the knob to high or low the device will run continuously, but when turned to pulse, the device will cycle on and off. This produces a chopping effect that’s great for soft greens and other vegetables.
- The device has an 8-cup capacity, which is more than enough to prepare small to medium sized meals
- The electric food processor comes with multiple blade speeds including: high, low, and pulse
- The processor runs on 450 watts of power, which makes the device very powerful for an appliance its size
- The device comes with in-bowl storage, so you can keep all the accessories in a convenient place when you store the device
- The Hamilton Beach food processor slices, dices, and minces ingredients much faster than any person can do it by hand
- The device comes equipped with stainless steel slicing, shredding, and chopping blades that make processing food easy
- The bowl is easy to remove, clean, and click back into place after you’ve finished with any maintenance. The bowl is simple to reattach, so you don’t have to worry about complex procedures or getting the reassembly process wrong. Check out the use and care guide for more info
- The chopping blades are spaced well, so food at the top of the processor is drawn down towards the blade until the contents of the bowl have received a uniform chop
- The device is much more competitively priced than other food processors with similar capabilities
- The device’s low setting isn’t very low, some users have described the device as having a high setting, and very high setting
- When put on the highest setting the device tends to be very loud, which some users find annoying
- It can be difficult to get uniform slicing on small, soft vegetables like green onions and cucumbers
- The user manual states that the device should not be used for grinding grain, coffee beans, or spices, slicing frozen meats, or crushing ice
Click here for the Price!
One of the top food processors produced by Hamilton Beach, the 70740 is an excellent addition to any kitchen. The device helps make meal preparation a lot easier without being out of budget for the average buyer. If you’re looking for a powerful small kitchen appliance that will improve the overall quality of your recipes without being to difficult to use, the Hamilton Beach food processor is an excellent option. The device is very popular with reviewers as well. The Hamilton beach gets a score of four stars from us, which makes it one of the most highly regarded food processors currently on the market.