Rice has been a major staple and will continue to be in many more years to come. In fact, its benefits are so numerous that fitness health experts now claim that eating rice in moderation around one to two hours before working out is a must. However, it is also no secret that almost everyone today leads an enormously busy life which almost always leads to take out food.
Have you seen how much a cup of rice costs at your favorite restaurant? Do you know how much rice only costs at various supermarkets today? While it is understandable that it is more convenient to settle for takeout food rather than exhaust yourself (or so you think) preparing your own meal after a very long day at work, the modern technology around us has actually made all these better.
Fact is that a rice cooker can easily and cheaply make the best tasting rice for you. Or maybe you are currently using an outdated rice cooker that has been giving you problems recently. Whichever your situation actually is, don’t you think it is high time for you to refresh and update your knowledge about rice cookers?
Today, we are going to update you with what is thought by many Chef’s to be the best electric rice cookers:
Zojirushi NS-ZCC18 10 Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker
This does not come exactly cheap but it still is the bestselling rice cooker today. With an almost flawless 4.5-star rating at Amazon after close to a thousand reviews, you know you are in for a splendid treat with this very modern rice cooker.
Check out more of the details below:
- Capacity of 10 cups uncooked rice
- Computerized rice cooker and warmer
- Features Advanced Neuro Fuzzy Logic Technology
- Multi-menu selections
- Automatic Keep Warm
- Extended Keep Warm
- Reheat Cycles
- Spherical, nonstick inner pan
- LCD Clock and timer
- Retractable cord
- Package includes 2 measuring cups, nonstick rice scooper/spoon, rice spoon holder, and recipes
- 1-year limited warranty
- Measures 14 x 8 x 9 inches
- Weighs approximately 9 pounds
This has become a true favorite because of its capability of making adjustments to both temperature and cooking time as deemed needed to achieve perfectly cooked rice each and every time.
Aroma 20-Cup Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Aroma still is the number 1 rice cooker brand in the United States and they are for several good reasons. They cook rice perfectly in a smart, easy, and simple manner. It has a timer and yet remains very affordable.
Below are more awesome details of this digital rice cooker:
- Handles anywhere from 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice
- Automatically keeps it warm
- Easy-to-use digital controls
- Menu includes white rice, brown rice, sauté-then-simmer, steam, and keep warm
- 15-hour delay timer
- Measures 10.8 x 11.8 x 10.8 inches
- Weighs only 5 pounds
This might be more affordably priced but make no mistake in underestimating this digital rice cooker. You can even cook a complete meal using this alone. From soup to steamed veggies and perfectly cooked rice of your choice, this Aroma digital rice cooker delivers efficiently.
Sanyo EC-505 5-cup Rice Cooker/Steamer
This is one of the bestsellers when it comes to the small rice cooker segment. Consumers love this so much that it is always out of stock even at Amazon. Consumers who have actually bought this and tried it out gave it a beaming 4 stars for its affordable price, functionality, and beautiful style.
Here are the specifications that satisfied consumers:
- 5 Cup uncooked rice capacity
- Non-stick coated extra thick 5-mm inner pot
- Multi-menu selections including white rice, brown rice, mixed, rinse-free, sprouted brown, quick brown, porridge, and even Korean specialties like Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap.
- LCD Clock
- 24-Hour Preset
- Reheat Function
- Retractable Cord
- Carrying Handle
- Measures 10 x 9.9 x 8.2 inches
- Weighs approximately 5.4 pounds
This is a very wise and practical choice for those who are cooking for themselves or for a small family of three. It has got a compact size but with a very modern design. Another plus is the fact that it would not take too much space on your countertop.
Tiger Corporation JBV-A10U Micom 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker
This is another practically-priced multi-functional rice cooker that is famous for its capability to cook two different things are the same time, hence, the word “tacook”. This is said to be so good in producing consistent and perfectly cooked rice each and every time that the even Japanese (who loves rice and very peculiar about it) appreciates it just the same.
Get to know more about this rice cooker and warmer below:
- Syncro-cooking function
- One push operation
- 4 Cooking Menu Settings – synchrony cooking, plain rice, brown rice, and slow cooking
- Easy-to-clean non-stick coating inner pan
- Package includes non-stick spatula, cooking plate, measuring cup, and cookbook
- Measures 13.9 x 10.6 x 8.4 inches
- Weighs approximately 5.7 pounds
Given this rice cooker’s functionality and innovation at a great price, it is a great deal especially for those considering a new replacement for their old rice cookers but would not really want to spend much.
Panasonic SR-DE103 5-Cup “Fuzzy Logic” Rice Cooker
If you are wondering why its model name includes “Fuzzy Logic”, it is because this rice cooker is also capable of adjusting power in order to produce more consistent results. Consumers who bought this say that whether they cook white or brown rice (info), it always comes out perfectly cooked but without the usual mess that one would ordinarily encounter when using an ordinary rice cooker.
Here are more details:
- Precise cooking through the micro-computer “Fuzzy Logic” feature
- Black pan with white anodizing
- 12-hour keep warm
- 24-hour clock
- Large orange LCD screen for easy read-out
- Menu includes white rice, brown rice, sticky rice, porridges, steam, slow cook, 15-minute cook, and cake
- White chrome finish
- Measures 13-1/8 inch x 9-7/8 inch x 8-1/4 inch
- Weighs approximately 7.3 pounds
If you are so used to eating perfectly cooked rice and would like variations every now and then, this is a truly suitable option with an even more likable price.
Rice cookers have always been considered as the convenient cookers that cook rice in a shorter period of time and automatically stop when the rice is fully cooked. It has long been greatly appreciated by consumers because of its numerous benefits.
One of the most notable benefits would be the fact that it lets one multitask as they wait for the rice to cook. In other words, you can cook or reheat other meals you will be serving, prepare your kid’s lunch, or even help them get dressed for school. Find many recipes for rice cookers on myrecipes.com and foodnetwork.com.