Smoothies are delicious drinks with fruits and vegetables as its main ingredients. They are one of the most popular drinks these days because of the nutrients and tasting flavours it offers. In fact, most people find smoothies to be a good alternative for a meal or snacks.
Health Benefits of Smoothies
Because of the rise in its popularity, pre-packaged smoothies are already sold in the market. Doctors say that these kinds of smoothies don’t have the same nutritional content as one would get out of the natural ingredients. Here are good reasons, why an all-natural smoothie gives you great health benefits and your overall well-being.
- An all-natural smoothie is full of nutrients and contains fat. Don’t fret about that “fat” thing. Fat is actually plays an essential role in your total body mechanism as it is burned to generate energy to feed your cells. Because it’s all natural, you can be sure that it is filled with lots of nutrients.
- It keeps you hydrated. Smoothies are simply the liquefied form of your healthy ingredients. If you drink it on breakfast, you’ll likely be hydrated throughout the day – something that your soda or coffee can’t satisfy. During hot weathers, add ice cubes to add more water on your smoothie.
- Smoothies made with dairy products such as yogurt or kefir can provide you with calcium to keep your bones strong. Not only are these products contain calcium but also a good source of probiotics and live cultures necessary for your digestion.
- Smoothies are easy to make. This healthy drink is one of the easiest to make. All you need is a blender and you’re on your way to healthy living.
- Smoothies keep you from indulging in empty carbohydrates. When you drink your healthy smoothie in the morning, you can keep yourself from giving in to empty carbohydrates. Not only that, it keeps you hydrated all day round.
- Smoothies are great source of multivitamins. As already known, smoothies are made from foods and there is no better way to get the needed vitamins for your body than having to eat the source. If you can’t eat all at once, well have they all gathered together in one.
Top 5 Favorite Smoothies
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Cups Carrot Juice
- 2 tpsp Stevia
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
Have them all mixed together in your blender.
Carrots are a great source of Carotenoid, which is known to be of good help when it comes to reducing risks of cancer, regulation of blood sugar, reduces risks of Emphysema It aids in digestion, protects vision, improves eyesight and keeps your hair, nails and skin healthy.
Coconuts help improve one’s immune system and contain antibacterial and antiviral properties. Moreover, it aids in keeping one’s weight at a healthy scale. Cinnamon, are known to contain essential nutrients that treats vomiting, infection, muscle spasms, erectile dysfunction and muscle spasms.
Strawberry Cacao Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla
- 2 tbsp. Cacao Powder
Put them all together in your blender. Add more ice cubes for better consistency.
Strawberries aside from its unique heart shape do good things to your body. It protects your heart by raising your HDL cholesterol (the good ones), keeping your blood pressure normal and lessens your risk of cancer. Cocoa contains Tryptophan, an amino acid that helps in reducing anxiety, depression and stress.
Kale and Banana Smoothie
- 2 Bananas
- 1 bag of frozen Blueberries
- 5 cups pure water
- 5 leafs of Kale
Blend all the ingredients well in a high speed blender. If you want thinner consistency, you may add more water.
If eating edible greens is not a thing for you, then this smoothie can help you gain the nutrients Kale has to offer without having to feel like vomiting. It contains Omega-3, enzymes, protein and fiber.
The Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup fat free yogurt
- ¼ cup uncooked oats
- 1 tablespon flaxseed
This powerful smoothie is a great compliment after your early morning workouts. The oats help in digestion, keeping you full while the Blueberries contain antioxidants and flaxseeds have omega-3 fatty acids.
- 4 ounces of chilled coffee
- 4 ounces of non-fat milk
- 1 frozen Banana
- 2 tsps of natural cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of whole almonds
No, it’s not unhealthy. This smoothie is more like a frappucccino only that it has vitamins and minerals you wouldn’t normally find in a frap. It also is a thirst quencher if you’re craving for a coffee. This smoothie is best after an intense workout because the coca ingredient contains anti-inflammatory nutrients while the coffee itself is an energizer. Banana on the other hand is rich in potassium, heart-friendly fats and antioxidants.